Thursday, July 21, 2011

High Protein Banana Bread



 I have wanted to make Banana bread for quite some time now, but it's been time consuming to get all the ingredients together. But let me say, it’s well worth it! I made this recipe at about 5am this morning so that my mom and family could have something special for breakfast with their coffee!! Yumm. so moist and flaky with the aroma of  cinnamon floating around the house... I was in heaven. the kids loved it and so did I. Tomorrow I want to make french toast with the leftovers if we have any left. 


Add to bowl:
2 mashed bananas
6 eggs
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup of sugar, or 1/2 cup coconut sugar (which is low glycemic index) I used sugar because thats what I had on hand
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp sea salt
Blend.

Add:
1.5 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 cup lightly toasted diced almonds
2 tbsp coconut oil, liquified
Blend.

Pour into 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 bread loaf pan, lined with unbleached parchment paper and greased.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment