Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Squash Mac & Cheese



     I love summer squash especially since it’s in season. And this is totally a kid friendly dish as most of my dishes are. I hope you enjoy this recipe!

Ingredients:

1 medium purple onion
5 tbsp of Olive oil
5 cups of chopped yellow squash
2 cups of brown rice pasta
Water
½ tsp of Sea salt
1 cup of extra sharp cheese (I used a mix of Cabot and New Zealand cheddar “TJ’s”)
Garnish with extra cheese

  • Add the pasta to a pot of boiling water for 8 minutes. When the pasta is tender immediately drain the water (saving 1 cup of the water)
  • In a skillet sauté the onions with the olive oil until golden brown. Then add the squash, pasta water, sea salt and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
  • Once the veggies are tender stir in the pasta and cheese
  • Serve
Servings: 4 people  
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Yummm! I am making this, for sure. Homemade mac-n-cheese is my weakness! Espec uh ally when made with a good, strong cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see your post until now. I hope you liked it and I would love to hear how it turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete